The thoughts of keith ... brace yourself

Sunday, December 04, 2005

I am O.K. ... deal with it

The other day at work, someone asked, "How was I doing?" I responded, "I'm O.k.", to which that person responded by saying "I hope you do better" (in so many words). I was left angry and confused by the remark. My girlfriend said I should pay it no mind. Me being me, that would not happen.

I looked up the definition for o.k. Merriam-Webster defines the term o.k. as all right. This means that there is nothing wrong. Knowing this, the question comes to mind as to where does this person get off saying otherwise?

In all my life, when people ask how I am doing, my response has been o.k. and it was well recieved. Lately people are looking for other responses such as "I am well", "I am doing great", and the ultra sweet "super" (as used by Big Gay Al from "South Park") as a way of conveying that one is doing well. I do not know what response would have suffice this individual, but life is too short to try to find the correct answer to the $64,000 question on how I am doing.

I will continue to be o.k. and others will have to deal with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home